Saturday, September 12, 2009

Food log: Saturday, September 11

First, yesterday's breakfast. Told you I took a picture!
Yesterday's cereals

It's too bad I forgot my cam yesterday, because the food at the Boogie party was amazing. They served oysters on the half-shell with fennel relish, lollilop lamb chops, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, falafel bites with raita, grilled shrimp and watermelon brochettes, tuna spring rolls and a full (free) bar. Later, when everyone was soused on gin and tonics, they fired up the grill again and served homemade fries and huge German-style hot-dogs. Oh, it was good! And free, free, free.

I woke up feeling the aftermath and spent the day nibbling on carbs while the electrician worked on installing my new outlets.

First, a tall glass of poison Diet Coke followed by waffles.
Diet Coke
Waffles with PB and honey

I snacked on some chicken liver mousse with cornichons and crackers.
Liver mousse with crackers and cornichons

Then it was time for some Gossip Girl and popcorn.
Popcorn sprinkled with Tajin salt
Tajin salt is great on popcorn. You can find it in latino grocery stores. It's also very good on pineapple, mango and avocados. I guess that's why they call it "fruit salt".

Later that night, Andréanne picked me up to go to our friend Laurent's surprise party (happy birthday Laurent!) at Résident restaurant. I was not in the mood for a big entrée, so I had two appetizers.

I had a few Bloody Caesars, a.k.a. the perfect hangover drink.
Bloody Caesar @ resident (x2)

Crab cakes with remoulade sauce
Crab cake @ Résident

Half a bread roll with butter
Bread @ Résident

Pile of onion rings with fresh ketchup
Onion rings with fresh ketchup @ Résident

Carrot cake
Carrot cake @ Résident

Dinner at Résident cost $46.64 with tip.

Look at this pile of carbs. Yikes! I need to order some groceries. Where are the fruit and veggies? And way to eat All the Salt in the World. Another thing I had a lot of today: Perrier. Lots of Perrier.

Money spent on food today: $46.64

No comments:

Post a Comment