Saturday, April 24, 2010

Food log: Friday, April 23

Cereal
Cereal and Splenda
Diet Coke - $1.25

We went out to lunch. Our intern was on his last day and I wanted to treat him as a thank you for his awesome work. Here he is with his goodbye card.
Our intern with his goodbye card
Salad
Salad at Tokyo
Sushi nozomi
Sushi Nozomi at Tokyo
Lunch for two at Tokyo was $44 with tip.

Picked up a few things at the market: $32

In the evening, I went to a super fun Tweetup of foodie ladies organized by the wonderful Clarah. I made my green bean salad, grabbed a bottle of bubbly and was on my way.
My finished green bean and feta salad
The food was wonderful, and the company even more delicious. It's fun to meet people you interact with online in person. And for once, I was not the only girl with a camera!
The table is filling up
LOTS of bubbly
LOTS of bubbly
Swiss bread
Carrie's Swiss bread
Saucisson
saucisson
Pepper mousse
Pepper mousse
My salad
My salad
Hummus or babaganoush (I don't remember!) and Lebanese flatbread with zathar
Hummus and lebanese flat bread with zathar
Salmon and beet napoleon
beet and smoked salmon napoleons
Hibiscus flowers stuffed with goat cheese
Stuffed hibiscus flowers
Foie gras and fig compote 
duck liver and fig compote
Bacon-wrapped dattes
dattes and bacon
Rolls stuffed with deliciously spiced meat
Stuffed with delicious meat
Roasted veggie pizzas
Annie's veggie pizza
Goat cheese salad with roasted nuts
Carrie's salad
My plate
My fully loaded plate!
Almond-pear cake
Katherine-Lune's almond and pear cake
Cakes! Tonka bean, chocolate, kumquat - all fabulous.
cakes!
Cream puffs
Valérie's cream puffs


Money spent on food today: $76

No comments:

Post a Comment