Friday, January 1, 2010

Food log: Thursday, December 24

Stepdad's saucisson and cheese croissant, grapefruit juice
Saucisson and cheese croissant
Melon
IMG_6867
Rillette with bread
IMG_6868

Mom and I had a nice walk under the snow and then went to Metro to buy food for tonight's feast: dattes, cheese, proscuitto, chips, drinks, eggs. Total: $37.50 I prepared stuffed dattes and deviled eggs and we ate chips while watching Princess Sissi movies, a tradition in Québec. I could not resist having a few nibbles while cooking.
IMG_6871
IMG_6876
IMG_6877

At night, the family gathered at aunt Francine's. She lives in what used to be my grandparent's cottage and it's been the location of choice for most of the family gatherings on my mother's side.

Punch
Punch
I also had beer and white wine.
Crudités
Crudités and dip
Tourtière
tourtière
More stuff, including deviled eggs I made and chocolate balls
Fruit, crudités, chocolate balls, bread, devilded eggs
Stuffed dates
Stuffed dattes
Potato salad
Potato salad
Sugar pie
Sugar pie


It was a great night!

Money spent on food today: $37.50

No comments:

Post a Comment